Thursday, September 29, 2011

Waiting for a chance

Still waiting desperately for companies to call me for an interview.  Hoping to get something soon. I'm not losing hope this time I have two little girls depending on me.

For the past week now I've been at my computer filling out job applications online with companies I know and also filling out applications for government assistance.  I should get some help from the government I mean there are so many out there that abuse the system and get more than they need all I want is for my kids to eat and have some heat for the winter is that so much to ask?

Like I said before, I never imagined I would be one to ask the government for assistance.  I was always good at saving money. I never really splurged on anything even when I had money except on my kids of course but not really for me.  I've never been selfish.  Growing up I had to share with my two sisters and brother and many times I rather they had something and I didn't.

My family is great. We've always been there for each other financially, physically and mentally. We've always been hard working people.  My parents owned a laundromat and worked day and night to put my sisters, my brother and me through college.  We grew up understanding that money doesn't grow on trees.  My dad always said that hard work always paid off which was why going to college was so important to him.

Ok, with that said I've always found ways to manage my money but now it's almost impossible.  I have to make sure we have enough to pay the mortgage and a majority of my bills.  I feel bad for my husband because he's working so hard to try to make ends meet but it's just impossible without my contribution.  I pray every day and night that something will come along for me and everything will be almost normal again but given the state of our economy it doesn't look all that great.

I am very hopeful though because I keep hearing people getting into new jobs every day so maybe with some perseverance and hard work I might be lucky too.  For now I will keep applying for jobs online and keep checking in with my employment agencies.  I will also continue to apply for any government assistance I can possibly qualify for without looking too needy which unfortunately I am.  But I believe there will be a light at the end of this tunnel and I will find a new job to help support my family.

1 comment:

  1. Aww honey you will get it soon! Things always happen when you least expect it! Just keep your head up and your faith!

    ReplyDelete