Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Getting Started on my new venture

Today I started working on my new venture...making and selling cute charms.  I figured that if I started now I might just make the holiday rush.  I could sell a bunch of them before Christmas and probably make some for my girls and my nieces as presents since money will be very tight this Christmas.

I went on youtube and looked up the instructions again to make sure I do it correctly.  I gathered all my ingredients and headed for the kitchen. Well, the first attempt seemed positive but the second attempt I think I overcooked the ingredients so it may not work out as well...we'll see, there may be a way to salvage my second attempt.

I'm making cold porcelain charms. This is an idea I found on youtube the other night and thought it might be a great idea to make some money.  My best friend Mai said she would help me market these charms so I'm really excited about it.  She's probably going to see how cute they are and buy a bunch for herself :)

I've been thinking up some cool ideas that would attract the attention of teenagers and kids so they would probably be my main focus group but anyone can buy these charms and as I mentioned in an earlier post that they can be customized to the customer.  I believe this would be a great venture for me since I enjoy crafts.

I've always enjoyed any form of arts and crafts.  I also do cross stitching, knitting, sewing, beadwork and jewelry making.  I've worked with ceramics and I can also do silversmithing.  So, this new venture is something I could really put my heart and soul into and completely enjoy doing.

When I do find a new job, I can still do this on the side and if my business takes off and becomes productive, I will sell some on ebay and such.  I do plan on opening an Etsy store so if anyone is interested I will post some pictures. Having an Etsy store could be a good business for me since I enjoy jewelry making too.

So, right now I'm extremely excited about getting started and making it work for me.  I will update again after I start creating some items. This is something I really believe I could be great at doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment