Saturday, October 1, 2011

Taking on a new endeavor

I was chatting yesterday w/my best friend Mai whom I love like a sister.  Anyways, I was telling her about an idea I had that could bring me a good income and she supported my idea.  I told her I was thinking of making these specialized charms I saw on youtube and sell them.

She said she loved the idea and would help me fund it but the funny part is it cost almost nothing to make these charms and they're so cute.  She said she would also be my first customer...she wants lots of them lol.  So after our conversation, I went back on youtube and did some more research and I think by next week I should be able to start this and it would also be lots of fun for my kids to do it too.

I told Mai if this takes off and becomes popular then I could make some good money and supplement my income this way.  She said jokingly that I would have a factory in my house.  I told her if all goes well I just might.

There is no actual market for these types of charms right now so it may be a good idea for me.  The people who made the videos on how to make these live in other countries where postage is ridiculous so they only sell their goods locally.  I could open an Etsy account and sell mine all over the world and postage wouldn't even be so bad for me.

I also figured that if my daughter Jade ever had a bake sale at school we could make a bunch of them and sell them to the kids.  I know kids would go crazy for them. I could make them big enough for key chains and backpack dangles or small enough for regular charms, earrings and cellphone dangles.

I went to bed early last night because I was really tired and excited about this new venture. This was the first time in a long time I was really excited about doing something I love that could make me a decent income. Maybe I could finally pay off all my credit card bills and afford to take care of my family again.

I'm still looking for a new job but if all goes well it would work out well for me in the meantime while I'm still looking.  The best part about this is that I can customize the charms for whatever the customer needs it for (i.e. keychain, cellphone, earrings or just plain charms) and I can make whatever the customer wants if they want a specific cartoon character, a cute animal, a special symbol that means something sentimental for themselves or as gifts.  I'm so excited about this I can hardly contain myself.

1 comment:

  1. aww that's great honey! It is awesome to see oyu excited about something! =)

    ReplyDelete